The Golden Rule

So this has been something that has been on my mind a lot in the last week or two.

"Do un to others, as you would have done un to you."

It's probably one of the smartest quotes I've ever heard. So often we find ourselves giving up things that we wouldn't normally, including our personality, material objects, principals, goals, etc., to make someone else happy or feel more comfortable. There are three things that bother me the most about this:

A: What makes the other person more entitled, above yourself?
B: Why is this person OKAY with this?
C: Why are YOU okay with doing this?

There is nobody in the world that is going to take care of you better than yourself, with the exception of a parent, POSSIBLY. I would like to say that nobody else would put your needs above their own, but if that were true, I wouldn't be blogging on this subject. All of the things I listed above are gradual ways of loosing yourself. You will slowly loose respect, courage, and happiness.

I am one of these people. I LOVE making other people happy, so I will adjust to THEIR needs.... Every once in a while it bites me in the butt. I feel like that's been happening a lot in the past week. More so, I feel like there is again a need to re-claim JACKIE. My likes are MY likes. I cannot care anymore if that makes someone else happy or not, and if they agree with me or not. I cannot walk on ice because something I say may upset someone. Yes, I have been known to talk out of my butt, but that statement is meant for my close friends. The closest people to me that are in my life right know, have known me long enough to know when I'm kidding, and when I'm not. If I'm not kidding, that means that something must have happened to aggravate me. But it's not like I'm racist, sexist, big on politics, or talking about abortion, LOL. I like to laugh and have fun. My heart is simple, I'm nice if you're nice. That's all there is.

In short: Go do to others, what you would want done to you. Think before you act. And, last but not least... what goes around, comes around.

Here's to a new day :)

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Live Well - Love Much - Laugh Often. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.